This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website netlaw.ltd.uk. It applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Any definitions used in this Acceptable Use Policy shall have the same meanings as provided for in our Terms and Conditions policy.
Information about us
Our site is operated by Netlaw Limited (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09666769 and our usual place of business in Berkeley House, 26 Gildredge Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN21 4RW.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches an applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purposes of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To transmit or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (SPAM);
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards;6. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
a. Any part of our website.
b. Any equipment or network on which our website is stored.
c. Any software used in provision of our site.
d. Any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may, from time to time, provide interactive services on our sight, including without limitation:
- Bulletin boards
- Comment pages
- Product reviews
- Message boards
- Ability to leave feedback
- Ability to comment on various news items.
We will do our best to assess any possible risk for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Terms and Conditions, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
We do not moderate any interactive service. We will normally provide you with the means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
You acknowledge that the nature and intention of this website is to share information about divorce and family breakdown related issues and to provide a forum to enable users to share and discuss their experiences. We may, at our discretion, and for any reason, refuse any user content or refuse to allow any person to become a registered user if we do not consider that such content or user is in compliance with the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
These standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contributions as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Comply with the British Code of Advertising, Sales, Promotions and Direct Marketing Practice.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Provide any sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as contractual duty or duty of confidence.
- Provide any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade others privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identify or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Misrepresent qualifications of accreditation that you do not genuinely hold.
- In any way damage or risk damaging our goodwill, brand or reputation.
- Disparage any other person, or their business, product or service.
- Be a financial promotion within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended).
Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been any breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude our liability for all action taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified in respect of any liabilities, losses, expenses or other costs (including but not limited to all costs and expenses, including any VAT thereon, which we may incur in connection with the defence of any such claims) howsoever incurred as a result of the breach of your obligations under this Acceptable Use Policy or our Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to any claims or proceedings made against us by any third party.
User content is not generally moderated, although we reserve the right to change this policy. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any user content and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of our website by any person in contravention of this Acceptable Use Policy. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any user content which we deem to be or which is notified to us as being potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful, in violation of any third party rights or in contravention of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise the Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Your continued use of this website constitutes your agreement to this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not accept any of the terms contained in this Acceptable Use Policy, you must not use our website.